Update your PF account KYC details on EPFO UAN Portal: In this article, we are going to show you how to update KYC on the UAN member portal and check the status of your eKYC.
KYC is very important for all employees who want to apply for the Advance PF withdrawal Online or PF claim then employees must update their KYC details with their PF account. If KYC is not updated then your claim will be rejected. If you are looking to file a claim and want to submit Form 31, Form 19, Form 10, or Form 10D then please update your KYC first.
In order to manage the PF account efficiently and get the benefits of various services, EPFO KYC is mandatory. All employees must complete the KYC process as soon as possible and get their claim withdrawal without any issues. It also helps to maintain authentic records in the EPFO database.
We are going to share how to check your KYC details, how to add your PAN card, Bank account, and Aadhaar card and update your KYC, and how to verify if KYC has been updated with your account.
EPFO KYC Update Online
Please follow the below steps to update your e-KYC on the UAN portal.
Step 1: Open the official UAN member portal
- Open the web browser on your computer.
- Visit the member portal at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/.
Step 2: Log in to your account
- You will see a login page on the right-hand side.
- Enter your UAN number, Password, and security code.
- Press the Sign In button to access your account.
Step 3: Check and verify your Member Profile details
After login, you will see your account dashboard page where you can check your personal information such as name, date of birth, and gender under the Member Profile section on the right side.
Please note that this information must match the information on your Aadhaar card, PAN card, and Bank account. If there is any mismatch then click the edit icon and update that information. Verify through an OTP and Submit all changes.
Step 4: Verify and update Profile Information
Now there is a Profile Information section below the Member Profile. You will find below details in this section.
- Aadhaar Card.
- PAN Card.
- Bank Account.
- Email ID.
- Mobile Number.
You will see the Verified status for the verified information and the not available status for the unverified information. You will have to update the not available information.
Click the edit icon after PAN. On the next page, you will see three sections currently activate KYC, KYC Pending approval, and Rejected KYC.
- Click the PAN link.
- On the next page, enter your name and PAN number.
- Select the check box and click the Save button.
- Enter the OTP received on the Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- Press the Submit button.
Your KYC details have been saved and will be seeded only after being digitally approved by your employer. It will take some time. You may also talk to your employer to approve your KYC.
Bank account update:
- Click the Bank link.
- On the next page, enter your name, Bank account number, and IFSC code.
- Select the check box and click the Save button.
- Enter the OTP in the given space.
- Click the Submit button.
- You will get a message that your bank account verification is under process.
To know more details about the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, India, and Universal Account Number, please visit the EPFO UAN Login page.
How to check the PF KYC status?
The KYC process takes a few days to verify your details. Meanwhile, you can check your KYC status and find out if your KYC is under process or has been approved.
- Login to your member portal and check the status under your profile information.
- You will see the Approved status after the successful KYC update.
- You will see not available for unverified KYC.
- Click the edit icon after the unverified status.
- On the next page, you can see the “KYC Pending for approval” section.
- In this section, you can check the status column.
- If it is “verification under process” then wait for a few more days.
- After the verification, your PAN and Bank account will move from the “KYC Pending for Approval” section to the “Currently Active KYC” section.
- If your KYC is rejected then you will see that in the “Rejected KYC” section.
- You can also check the Remarks column to know why the KYC is rejected.
Link your Aadhaar with your UAN/EPF account
Your Aadhaar number must be linked to your UAN member account in order to access any service. Please update it by following the below steps.
- Visit the member e-Seva portal and log in to your account.
- After login, visit the Manage menu and click the KYC option.
- Now you will see your Aadhaar Card option.
- You will have to enter the correct name and Aadhaar number as written on your Aadhaar.
- Verify it through an OTP.
- Your information will be verified as per the UIDAI database.
- After the successful verification, your Aaadhaar will be linked to your PF account.
Update your profile details:
Employees can also navigate to View -> Profile to check all the profile information on a single page. Please ensure that all the information in your profile is updated. Please check your name, phone number, email ID, Address, etc, and update them if required.
EPFO UAN KYC Update Alternate Method
- Visit the Unified member portal.
- Enter your UAN number, Password, and captcha code.
- Click the Sign In button to access your account.
- After login, click the KYC link under the Manage menu item.
- On the next page, you will see a list of all the documents that you can use for the KYC purpose.
- You can select your Bank, PAN, and Aadhaar to complete your KYC from the checkboxes on the left side.
- Enter Your document number and the name written on your document.
- Click the Save button.
- Initially, you will see “KYC Pending for Approval” status.
- Your verification status will be verified after a few days.
- Your employer will inform you through an SMS.
Important Instructions while updating EPFO UAN KYC
Please take care of the below information while updating your KYC.
- Verify and Validate Information – Please verify all the information before starting the KYC process.
- Clear Document Uploads – Please ensure that if you are uploading any type of document, it must be clearly visible and all the information must be clearly accessible.
- Cross-Check Information – Please cross-check the information that you entered such as document number, name, and other information. There must not be any discrepancy.
- Stay Updated with Changes – Please check the status of your KYC regularly and stay updated with the changes.
Benefits of KYC Update with EPFO UAN PF Account
All employees must update their KYC in order to get the below benefits.
Uninterrupted Transactions: By updating your Bank account and IFSC details, all the transactions are done seamlessly to your EPFO account and you will get your monthly savings on time, or you will get your withdrawals easily.
On-time Disbursement: By maintaining correct KYC information, your funds and pension will be disbursed on time without any delay in the processing.
No Paperwork: You can do your KYC update online through digital mode which requires paperless mode. There is no need for the physical copy of your documents to submit anywhere.
Transparency: Employees must update accurate KYC information in order to maintain transparency in the EPFO system. It will help to process and manage your funds without any errors.
Easy Communication: If your contact information is correct and up-to-date then EPFO may contact you very easily. You will not miss any important updates or notifications.
Faster Claim Processing: Your claim request will be processed faster if all the KYC information is correct and updated.
Easy Access to govt schemes: Employees will get the benefits of various govt schemes only if their KYC information is updated.
Tax benefits: Linking your PAN with your UAN will allow employees to get tax benefits on EPF withdrawals.
If you are facing any type of issue while updating your KYC information, please contact EPFO by calling 1800-118-005 phone number or sending an email to [email protected].
If your employer is not approving your KYC then you can submit your Grievance through the EPFO Grievance portal.
Frequently asked questions
How to Update Bank Account Details in EPFO?
All employees can log in to their UAN member portal and update their Bank account and IFSC code by navigating to Manage -> KYC from the top menu.
How to link Aadhaar with EPF Account?
All employees can visit the nearest Aadhaar center and link their Aadhaar with their EPFO account. Members can also download the Umang app that provides the Aadhaar UAN linking service. Login to the Umang app and navigate to EPFO -> e-KYC services. Apart from this, your employer can also update your Aadhaar card.
Can I link my mobile number with another UAN account?
No, Employees can link one mobile number with one UAN account only.
Can I update my Bank account if it is already seeded?
Yes, You can change your Bank account information at any time even if you already have a verified Bank account in your KYC details. It helps employees to ensure that the correct Bank account details are seeded. It is also helpful if Bank’s IFSC code has changed or your Bank account is not working, etc.
Can I change my Date of Birth?
Yes, You can change your date of birth also if somehow it is incorrect. You can do this by logging in to your UAN member account. You will have to upload the relevant DOB proof such as School Marksheet/Certificate, Birth Certificate, or any other reliable government-issued certificate.
Is uploading documents copy required for KYC on the EPFO UAN portal?
No, There is no need to upload any documents online. You will have to provide your name which is written on the document and the document number.
Updating your KYC is mandatory to avail of different PFO-related services such as applying for different claims, getting the funds easily, faster processing of claims, and managing your account. If you haven’t updated your KYC then please take the help of the easy step-by-step process given in this article.