What is the EPF Grievance portal? How to submit your PF grievance on epfigms.gov.in and check the status? The step-by-step process and other related information are available in this article.
All employees whose PF claim has been rejected by the EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, India) can submit their grievances online by visiting the EPF Grievance or complaint portal. The PF Grievance portal is accessible at https://epfigms.gov.in/.
Sometimes employees get the reason for multiple member IDs for the rejection of their PF claim. Sometimes UAN number is one but the employee’s Bank account is not linked with it or if there is an issue with EPFO KYC Update then also their claim can be rejected. There are many reasons for the rejection of PF claims by EPFO.
If the employee is not able to resolve the claim issue then there is a way to resolve it by submitting your grievance. In this article, we are going to show you how you can submit your grievance on the official portal, what is the exact process to submit your grievance, what information is required, and how to submit the required information and resolve your PF claim-related issues.
What is the epfigms.gov.in portal?
The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has developed the Employee Provident Fund Grievance Management System (EPFiGMS), a specialized online platform designed to efficiently address and resolve grievances related to PF, UAN, and other EPFO services.
The EPFiGMS portal serves as a streamlined and user-friendly platform where employees can lodge their complaints related to various EPFO service-related issues.
The portal is designed in a way that ensures that when an employee submits a grievance, it will be submitted to the relevant EPFO office which is responsible to address that issue.
The EPFiGMS portal ensures that all the EPFO’s services must be delivered to employees in an efficient and transparent way.
Why should you file a Grievance on EPFO epfigms.gov.in portal?
There are some reasons why you can submit your grievance.
- If your KYC is not updated in your EPFO UAN account or it is rejected or pending for a long time then you can file a grievance.
- If your employer is not updating your KYC.
- If you are transferring your PF and the field officer rejected your PF transfer and you are not able to find the reason.
- You are submitting your Online PF withdrawal request but it has been rejected.
If you are also facing the above-mentioned issues and are not able to find the exact reason to resolve these issues then you should file a grievance online.
Once you file your Grievance, the PF officer will share the reason that your claim request has this issue or mistake in this part and you will have to resolve this issue.
How to Register Grievances on EPFIGMS Portal?
You will have to visit the official EPFO Grievance portal. Please follow the below steps.
Step 1: Visit the official website https://epfigms.gov.in/.
Step 2: Click the Register Grievance link in the top menu. You will get four options to register your Grievance.
- PF Member – If you are an employee and working in an organization then select this option for PF claim-related grievance.
- EPS Pensioner – If you are a pensioner then select this option for pension claim-related grievance.
- Employer – Company officials such as HR Managers can select this option to submit their complaints.
- Others – Select this option if you do not have a UAN number, PPO Number, or Establishment Number.
- Select Yes or Not for Do you have a claim-ID option?
- Yes – Enter UAN Number, Claim Number, Claim Date, Covid Claim.
- No – Enter your Universal Account Number and Security Code.
- Click the Get Details button. Your UAN account information will display on the screen.
- To verify your account details, you can check the last three digits of your UAN and mobile number linked with your account.
- Click the Get OTP button.
- Enter the OTP and click the Submit button.
- After the OTP verification, you will see an online form on the screen.
- You will have to enter your personal details such as gender, address, pin code, email address, etc.
- Now in the Grievance Details section, you will see the member ID for all companies you have worked for. Select the Member ID related to the company for which you want to file your grievance. A new online form will appear in a pop-up.
- Select any one option from PF Office, Employer, EDLI, and Pre-Pension.
- Select Grievance Category.
- Type your Grievance summary. Please share a detailed overview of your issue.
- Attach any relevant document if available related to your grievance. You can also take a screenshot of the issue and attach it.
- Click the Add button.
- On the next page, you can edit or remove your grievance if you want.
- Finally, click the Submit button. Your grievance has been submitted successfully.
You will see a successful grievance registration message on the screen and you will receive an acknowledgement through Email and SMS.
You can click the “click here” link to view your registration number and other details about your grievance. You can also submit your feedback about the process.
Please note down your registration number/reference number. It will be used to track the grievance status.
Similarly, you can submit your grievance for other options such as EPS Pensioner, Employer, and Others.
How to check EPFO Grievance Status?
If you have submitted a grievance and want to check its status then please follow the below steps.
- Visit the EPFO Grievance portal https://epfigms.gov.in/.
- Click the View Status link in the top menu.
- On the next page, enter the Registration number you got after submitting your grievance.
- Enter your mobile number or email address.
- Enter the security code and press the Submit button.
- Your grievance status will be shown on the screen.
- You will find below information.
- Date of receipt
- Current status
- Presently Dealt by
- phone number
- Name of complainant
Check PF Grievance on UMANG App
First, you will have to download the official app on your smartphone. Please search on the Play Store or App Store and click the below link.
After installing the app, please follow the below steps.
- Open the app on your smartphone and log in to your account.
- If you don’t have an account then register a new account.
- After login, Look for the EPFO option or you can search for it.
- After that select “Employee Centric Services“. You will see a “Track Claim” option.
- Tap this option and enter your UAN.
- Tap the Get OTP link. You will receive an OTP on the mobile number registered with your account.
- Enter this OTP in the given space.
- On the next screen, you will see the current status of your PF grievance.
How to Send a PF Grievance Reminder?
Employees can send a grievance reminder to remind about your grievance if they think that it’s been too many days after filing your grievance. Please follow the below steps.
- Visit the EPFO Grievance portal https://epfigms.gov.in/.
- Click the Send Reminder link in the top menu.
- On the next page, you will see an online form to send your reminder.
- Enter your Registration Number, Mobile Number / Email Address, and Reminder Description.
- Enter Security Code and click the Submit button.
- A reminder about your grievance has been sent successfully.
EPFO Grievance Portal Summary
|Name of the Portal||EPF i Grievance Management System|
|Other name||PF Grievance Portal|
|द्वारा विकसित||National Informatics Centre, New Delhi|
|Beneficiary||All employees and employers|
|Objective||To offer a transparent and efficient grievance redressal system|
|PF Grievance website||https://epfigms.gov.in/|
|PF Grievance Registration page||https://epfigms.gov.in/Grievance/GrievanceMaster|
|EPFO UAN Login page||epfouanlogin.com|
|EPFO Grievance reminder||https://epfigms.gov.in/Reminder|
EPFO helpline number is 1800-118-005. Please call and get help or send an email to [email protected].
Frequently asked questions
What type of Grievance category I can select for PF withdrawal?
If you are submitting your PF-related grievance then you will have to select the Grievance category in the final step.
There are different categories available and you will have to choose a category that is most suitable for your grievance such as.
-Final PF Withdrawal
-Non Transfer of PF Accumulations.
-Passbook-related issues including the amount not showing in Passbook.
-KYC Related issues of Subscribers pertaining PF office.
-Erroneous credit of transferred amount received.
-Non-settlement of PF advance claim.
-Unified Portals member interface not working or is slow.
-Technical issues while filing online claims.
-Umang app not working or working slowly.
-Amount not credited to the bank account after the claim.
-UAN-related issues to subscribers pertaining to the PF office.
-Fraudulent withdrawal from PF account.
-Covid-19 advance related.
Please select any one category and submit your grievance online.
After how many days my PF grievance will be resolved?
After submitting your grievance, it may take up to 30 days to resolve your grievance. Your grievance will be sent to the concerned officer of the concerned department.
In conclusion, developing the Employee Provident Fund Grievance Management System (EPFiGMS) is a positive move by EPFO to optimize its grievance redressal process through online mediums.
It is empowering the employees to raise their concerns to EPFO related to various EPFO services. EPFiGMS simplifies the overall grievance process and ensures transparency in the system.
We hope you find this article helpful. We request to share this article with others also.